Breast augmentation is a popular plastic surgery procedure in our country. Dr. James Chappell offers full breast augmentation services as well as breast reconstruction, lifts, and breast reductions in the Severna Park, MD area. Dr. Chappell has a natural eye for body contouring and aesthetics to help patients achieve the results they want. A woman may want a breast augmentation for a variety of reasons. A few popular reasons are:
- Boost self-esteem
- Breasts are disproportionately smaller to rest of body
- Breasts are different sizes
- Extreme weight loss changed breast size
- Pregnancy changed breast size
- Improve sex life
- Cloths to fit better
- Want to look younger
Breast Augmentation Severna Park, MD
Wanting bigger breasts is something women often face in their life. Breast augmentation can increase a patient’s self-confidence leading to a better quality of life. Breast implants are available in different shapes and material options for a more natural, subtle appearance. Severna Park, MD plastic surgeon, Dr. Chappell, will perform a breast augmentation to increase fullness and projection of the breasts, improve balance of the breasts and hip contours, and to achieve higher self-image and confidence. A good candidate for a breast augmentation is someone who is physically healthy, not pregnant or breastfeeding, has realistic expectations, and does not smoke. It is also important that women choose breast augmentation for themselves. Breast implants should never be chosen to please someone else.
Breast Augmentation: Breast Implant Options
A breast implant is a prosthesis that Severna Park, MD plastic surgeon, Dr. Chappell, uses to change the size and shape of your breasts. He offers many different options for you to choose from.
- Smooth, round implants, textured bio dimensional or pear-shaped (more appropriate for women over age 40). We’ll go over all of this together during consultation, as well as the placement of the implants.
- Saline filled breast implants or silicone filled breast implants (the “shell” is always silicone).
- The placement of the breast implants can either go under or over the pectoralis major muscle. Dr. Chappell prefers “under” because it results in a more natural look with prettier cleavage, and is softer to the touch.
- Breast implants are inserted through small, inconspicuous incisions. Today we have four choices of incision site. Dr. Chappell will work with you to choose which type of breast implant and surgery technique is best.
- You’ll get the full range of choices, and the solutions that suit you best at your consultation.
Choosing Dr. James Chappell
Dr. Chappell is a board certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience. Dr. Chappell’s extensive training and experience provide patients with natural and precise breast augmentation results. Named “Top Doc” in Plastic Surgery by What’s Up Annapolis Magazine, Dr. Chappell has become a leader in breast augmentation and reconstructive surgeries in the Severna Park, MD area.
Other Breast Surgeries Procedures
Breast Lift – A breast lift is best suited for women with sagging breasts. A breast lift will raise and reshape sagging breasts and nipples resting below the breast crease. Dr. Chappell can also reduce the size of the areola.
Breast Reduction – Large, heavy breasts can cause constant back, neck, and shoulder pain. The primary reason women seek out breast reduction surgery is to reduce aches and enjoy a more active lifestyle. But the surgery also enhances appearance immensely, improving overall body image.
Breast Reconstruction – Severna Park, MD plastic surgeon, Dr. Chappell, works with breast cancer survivors through breast reconstruction. Almost every woman who loses her breast or breasts to cancer can have them rebuilt through reconstructive surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
Do you wish for firmer, fuller breasts? If you are interested in breast augmentation in the Severna Park, MD and Annapolis, MD areas, Annapolis Plastic Surgery provides expert care. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Chappell to see if you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation and to learn more about the breast implant surgery.