Annapolis Plastic Surgery offers advanced skin care services to target skin problems such as wrinkles, age spots, acne, rosacea, dry skin, and more. We offer a variety of medical-grade chemical peels performed by a licensed aesthetician and skincare specialist.
The first step is a skin analysis to determine which treatments and products are best for your goals. Our professionals will meet with you in a one-on-one consultation to evaluate your skin and discuss your problems. Together, you will design a treatment plan to help you achieve healthier, younger-looking skin.
The following Skin Care services are offered at Annapolis Plastic Surgery:
DiamondGlow provides a next-level resurfacing treatment with a 3×1TM technology that deeply cleans and rejuvenates the skin. Simultaneously, the diamond tip wand will exfoliate through dermabrasion, extract debris from the skin and pores, and will infuse professional-grade Skin Medica Pro-Infusion serums into the skin. The infusion is extremely beneficial because at the time of exfoliation the pores will be open and most receptive.
Each treatment is customizable to suit each skin type and condition while allowing for maximum efficacy during treatment to achieve radiant, healthy-looking skin. Unlike other traditional wet facial treatments, which rely on chemical exfoliation to treat the skin at a surface level, DiamondGlow uses manual exfoliation with a diamond tip technology in combination with medical-grade serums to achieve clinical goals within the skin. The result will leave skin feeling fresh, exfoliated, and hydrated.
Another added benefit of Diamond Glow, is that this facial treatment can be done at any time and does not require downtime, which would make it beneficial to schedule before a holiday or event.
This treatment is accompanied by the medical-grade, SkinMedica Pro-Infusion Serums that your esthetician will choose from to use during treatment. They include:
- Ultra Hydrating – Infusion of hyaluronic acid to intense rehydration and smoother skin. Best for patients with dry, dehydrated skin, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin Brightening – An infusion of patented Lumixyl peptide, which brightens and improves the appearance of uneven pigmentation. Best for patients with hyperpigmentation and dull skin.
- Pore Clarifying – An infusion that powerfully addresses imperfection, promoting clearer skin. Best suited for patients with acne-prone and oily skin.
- TNS Advanced + – An infusion of one of SkinMedica’s signature products that targets coarse wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, and improves tone and texture by encouraging skin cell renewal and supporting collagen and elastin levels to reveal a smoother, more radiant complexion.
Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment for anyone who has fine facial hair, sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins. During this treatment, a blade is used to gently exfoliate the outer layer of dead skin cells and remove fine facial hair known as “peach fuzz”. Notice fresh, soft, smooth skin immediately following the treatment. Hair grows back softly and will not become coarser because of the treatment.
Dermaplaning & Lactic Acid Peel
A chemical peel done immediately after Dermaplaning is a great way to ensure the peel penetrates deep and more evenly. A lactic acid peel will hydrate and further exfoliate dry and normal skin.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-chemical procedure that improves the tone and texture of the skin. To help our patients achieve smoother skin texture, Annapolis Plastic Surgery administers DiamondTome microdermabrasion. This high-precision microdermabrasion technology allows our experts to treat various skin conditions, including dark spots on the face, dull skin, fine lines and wrinkles, and acne scars, among other skin conditions.
Microdermabrasion is also an excellent follow-up treatment to laser skin rejuvenation and can be used to help extend the results of any skincare treatment.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Quick treatment – usually lasts 45 minutes to an hour
- Non-surgical, non-chemical, with little or no side effects
- Affordable treatment – special pricing when you buy a series of peels
- Effective for all skin types and colors
Chemical peels remove dead skin and allow new cells to come to the surface, revealing younger skin. Peels will be chosen by our Medical Esthetician based on skin type and concerns.
- Illuminize Peel
- Appropriate for first-time chemical peel patients or those looking for a gentle peel, the Illuminize Peel, often applied following a microdermabrasion treatment, reveals brighter and more radiant skin. Perfect for same-day events!
- Vitalize Peel
- Works for most skin types, the Vitalize Peel is a bit stronger and provides predictable and noticeable results with minimal downtime. This peel blends AHAs and Retinoic Acids in a unique blend.
- Rejuvenize Peel
- The Rejuvenize Peel is for patients with moderate to severe skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure. You will notice the smoothing of fine lines, discoloration, and rough texture.
- Obagi Blue Peel Radiance
- The Blue Peel Radiance is a salicylic acid-based chemical peel. Safe for all skin types and peel of choice for darker-skinned patients and acne-prone skin.
- The Perfect Derma Peel
- This is a medium-depth, medical-grade peel featuring the master antioxidant Glutathione. This peel also contains a blend of Trichloracetic Acid (TCA), phenol, retinoic acid, salicylic acid, L-Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C) and Kojic Acid. This peel is safe for all skin types to target conditions such as acne, textural scarring, aging skin, hyperpigmentation, pore reduction, mild rosacea, and may also be used on the body for other skin concerns.
The Lamprobe treats common minor skin conditions on the surface of the skin. Results are instantaneous. Skin conditions effectively treated by the Lamprobe include: telangiectasia, milia, cholesterol deposits, clogged pores, cherry angiomas, spider naevi, skin tags, fibromas, pimples and acne. The Lamprobe uses radio, high-frequency technology to treat these abnormalities without penetrating the skinʼs surface.
*Disclaimer: results may vary
The office was relaxing and the staff were welcoming. I had the Microdermabrasion treatment and be back. The treatment left my skin feeling and looking smoother and more vibrant. I was greeted kindly and treated as if I were at a Spa, I completely enjoyed my experience. I definitely recommend meeting Dr. Ambro and his staff for your cosmetic needs*Disclaimer: results may varyFaith D.