Hair loss in women is much more common than most people may think – it affects about 30 million American women. That means that women make up nearly half of hair loss sufferers!
At Annapolis Plastic Surgery, we understand that hair loss can be a difficult thing to deal with. We offer solutions such as NeoGraft to help restore youth and vitality through hair restoration.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft technology provides absolute and exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable and long-lasting results. With NeoGraft’s technology, each follicle is removed individually and placed in areas of concern. The result is natural-looking, healthy hair through this minimally invasive procedure.
Common causes of hair loss in women include:
- Pregnancy – hormonal changes can affect your hair patterns and may extend past post-partum.
- Androgenetic alopecia – also known as female pattern baldness, a hereditary pattern of diffuse hair loss over the central scalp.
- Alopecia areata – a recurring illness, cause unknown, that leaves a patchy loss of hair from the scalp and/or eyebrows.
- Prescription medication – some medications have been known to lead to hair loss or patchiness.
- Telogen effluvium – a condition often caused by physical or emotional stress that may be chronic or acute, causing shedding of hair over the entire scalp.
- Hypothyroidism – a thyroid deficiency associated with thinning, patchy hair loss.
- Loose anagen syndrome – a condition in which hair sheds before the normal growth cycle is completed.
- Traction alopecia –a form of permanent damage to hair and scalp caused by tight braiding and styling as well as harsh chemical processing of hair via styling products and techniques.
- Trichotillomania – a habit of compulsive hair plucking that can result in traction alopecia and permanent hair loss.
Other medical conditions.
Hair loss is difficult for everyone, but women face a particular challenge with hair loss with limited support from the medical community. One of the great benefits of the NeoGraft system for women is that more patients can be treated with NeoGraft than previous hair restoration procedures. Previously, there were limited treatments meant for women.
NeoGraft is an important step forward for women to restore their hair to a full and natural appearance. The experienced team at Annapolis Plastic Surgery understands the unique problems and concerns confronting women with hair loss and can offer a personalized strategy for hair transplantation that will give you the best cosmetic result.
*Disclaimer: results may vary